Introduction to Hop Farming | Olds College | March 9, 2019
Do you love Alberta’s emerging craft beer scene? Want to learn how to grow hops for commercial sale? The Alberta Hops Producers’ Association is hosting an introduction to hop farming.
Presented by members of the association, this one-day session will highlight the basics of growing hops along with some hands-on experiences of people who have started to grow them.
Topics will include:
- What are hops? – use in brewing, oils etc.
- Hopyard setup – Supplies, design, irrigation, cost.
- Hop growing – planting, training, watering
- Obstacles – disease and pest control.
- Harvesting – mechanical vs hand, drying, pelletizing
Alberta Craft Brewing Convention | Edmonton | March 4-6, 2019
Taking place in the heart of downtown Edmonton, the third instalment of the Alberta Craft Brewing Convention will welcome approximately 500 people for networking, learning, and celebration.
Members of the Alberta Hop Producers’ Association will receive special rates for the convention.